About us and the history of Ardabil Petrochemical Company
Ardabil Petrochemical Company (Private Joint Stock) was founded on February 17, 2007 (coincides with the date of 1385/11/28 ) under No. 6458 in Ardabil Companies and Industrial Property Registration Office. The company was registered with the subject of producing petrochemical products (Urea and Ammonia).
Chairman of the Board and CEO
Phone Number : 26133437-021
Company history and specifications
In June 2015, after changing the subject of investment from urea and ammonia to polypropylene production, due to the increase in investment from $ 565 million to $ 1.5 billion, the board of directors decided to stop the construction operations until the provision of new financial resources to advance and complete the project.
Important actions taken in 2006
- Carrying out the groundbreaking ceremony in the presence of the esteemed CEO of the Social Security Organization, the governor, the supreme leader, members of parliament and other esteemed officials of the province on September 20, 2006.
- Registration of “Ardabil Petrochemical Company” under No. 6458 with a registered capital of 20 billion Rials in Ardabil Companies Registration Office on February 17, 2007.
- Issuance of construction permit for Ardabil Petrochemical Unit with a production capacity of 1075 thousand tons of urea and 680 thousand tons of ammonia per year by the Ministry of Petroleum on March 3, 2007.
- Renaming the establishment permit from Shazand Petrochemical Company to Ardabil Petrochemical Company on March 13, 2007.
- Increase of the company’s capital from 20 billion Rials to 290 billion Rials in the Extraordinary General Assembly on 20/08/2008 and handing it over to the Board of Directors in order to realize this capital increase on several occasions.
- In October of 2006, a contract was signed with the Petrochemical Downstream Industries Development Company (PDSID) to conduct feasibility studies for the urea and ammonia production project. After that, this plan was finally revised several times in December 2014 at the request of Agent Bank.
- Providing infrastructure facilities for the project:
- Gas (feed)
Due to the production of surplus methanol, the construction of a formalin unit with a capacity of 160,000 tons per year can benefit the capacity invested in the country and produce high value-added products.
Ardabil Petrochemical Company will export and meet the country's foreign exchange needs and create sustainable employment and production due to its geostrategic position, in addition to meeting domestic needs in Ardabil province.